Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Flying with the most beautiful woman in the world

I spent Christmas eve with my great aunt Corinne Tucker. She is 91 years old. She usually spends her days reading the Scrabble dictionary (she plays every Tuesday), her desktop atlas, and her Bible. She is the reigning monarch of Scrabble in our family. None of us has ever been able to beat her. Not ever. Not even close.

We went to lunch so she could have her favorite food catfish. Then we went to the mall to go shopping. I enjoy spending time with her. I especially like raiding her jewelry box. I love old jewelry and she has plenty of it. She gives me something that she is tired of and I gladly take it. That is usually my Christmas gift from her. This year she made me get something from the store. I did not want to, but she told me that she was older than me and that I should obey my elders. So, I picked out a bookmark. I will cherish it always.

This is what the holidays mean to me. Creating memories and spending time with loved ones. This year I became a great aunt to Faith. She is seven months old. I spent time with her shortly after Christmas. I played (and promptly lost) the new Monopoly game with my youngest nephew. He is 10. I really miss the feel of the money in my hand. Using the credit card just wasn't the same. I guess that is progress.

I wish you happiness, peace, resolution, and closure as we leave one year behind and enter into a new one. Try not to bring any excess baggage with you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVELY!!! Thanks for sharing the best stuff of life!

Happy New Year!