Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Flying laughing at cookie contest

I just had to post this "And the winner is...Cindy McCain! More than 8,000 votes were cast -- 54% for McCain's Oatmeal-Butterscotch Cookies, 44% for Obama's Shortbread Cookies".

Well, this year the winner of the cookie contest did not accurately predict the winner of the presidential election. Get the details at http://www.parents.com/app/voting/index.jsp?id=/templatedata/parents/voting/data/1211208167842.xml. Interesting that the news that Cindy McCain's recipe was not her own did not hamper the vote. Ms. McCain's recipe appears to have come from Hershey's. You can read all of the juicy details at http://www.observer.com/2008/cindy-mccain-lifts-recipes-again. According to this article, this is not the first time she has 'borrowed' a recipe. But seriously, if you use a recipe and someone asks you for it, isn't it yours? Do you always remember where the receipe originated? I don't, but I guess no one cares since my husband was not a presidential candidate.

Of course, this is not a major issue. In fact, the only reason I am discussing it is because I thought the cookie contest was stupid. However, it does give people something to do and perhaps provides a small personal look at the candidates' wives. I think some people consider it fun and I did pay attention to it for a hot minute. Next year, let's have a contest with the candidates' cookie recipes. Just kidding.

No comments: