Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2008

Flying with balance

I was asked to write about how successfully or unsuccessfully balance my life. I think I am the most highly productive unbalanced person I know. Maybe I take living in the now too literally. I mutli-task so well that I can usually get most of my tasks done well before the deadlines. After completing the tasks, I am completely drained. Yes, I am working full time, pursuing a PhD, and training for a half marathon. Eating and sleeping find their way into my life at some point. Playing usually does not.

My excuse for not being balanced is that I do not know what will happen tomorrow so I need to finish everything today. I set priorities, but have a need to fill my empty time with stuff, so I do more stuff. I can manage to accomplish a lot of stuff except cleaning my house. I just cannot seem to find the energy to accomplish that. It is my crash pad. The funny thing is that I look balanced, at least most of the time. If anyone has any tips on balancing, kindly share them with me. Thanks in advance.

Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
Robert Fulghum

No comments: