Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2008

Flying to win

How many times have you heard that you cannot win all of the time? I am sure that somewhere there is someone who has won everything she has ever tried to do. That person, is not me. Nor is she anyone I know. We all know that Hank Aaron hit 755 home runs. Did you know that he struck out about 1,383 times? I am sure he did not feel too good about that in isolation, but in perspective he accomplished a major feat.

This quote from Wilma Rudolph really puts things in perspective.

Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.
The winning is in the playing of the game.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

When I read your post, I couldn't help but think of Brian Andreas' story, 'Real Hero'..."Anyone can slay a dragon, he told me, but try waking up every morning & loving the world all over again. That's what takes a real hero." My aunt is still enduring a 9 yr battle with cancer, and she is always, always thinking of others, full of joy. She is my true champion:)

Unknown said...

ralph lauren uk
michael kors outlet online
tods outlet
swarovski uk
adidas nmd r1
coach outlet store online
pandora uk
adidas outlet store
jimmy choo shoes
coach factory outlet online
xushengda0718